- Slow easy jogging
- Don’t do too much too fast or you will get injured
- Who's on your team?
- Learn everyone’s name that’s on the team and their interests.
- Come up with goals and steps to achieve those goals.
Character Lesson: Leadership
- What do we lead? How can we lead better?
- What are some things we can do to be better leaders?
- We will read about examples of leaders in history and learn from their success.
Character Lesson: Wise Choices
- What are ways we can make better choices?
- What are some of the positive and negative influences in our lives?
Character Lesson: Honesty
- How does being an honest person help us achieve who we want to be?
- In what ways are we dishonest and to whom?
- How can we become a more honest person?
Character Lesson: Perseverance
- When times get tough do we quit?
- Look at examples through history of people who didn’t give up.
- What advantages are there to giving up?
Character Lesson: Peer Pressure
- We will discuss the topic of bullying and how it has a negative effect on us and others
- What are the actions of a bully? How do they hurt others?
- How can we stop people from bullying?
Character Lesson: Respect and Honor
- We will discuss what these terms mean and how to express them
- How can we show respect to our teachers, family and others?
- How can we become people who are honorable?
- How can we show honor to others?
- We will unpack the idea of having a good work ethic
- We will show the students how they have worked hard and because of their hard work they are on the edge of meeting their goal
- We will show them how this applies to all areas of their lives
- When you work hard good things happen